Haven't written on here for ages. We are all the way into May now and have met and photographed some lovely couples for their engagement photoshoots and weddings and some wonderful families for at home portraits.
But the wedding that was very exciting for me was a lovely couple who had a Greek wedding in Colchester. I met them last September and we spoke about the day in great detail and I have to admit I was scared and excited. The traditions seemed so different to an English wedding and there seemed a lot more content.
I met the couple again a few weeks before their wedding in the Public Gardens in Braintree and we headed to the 'secret garden' - ok, its not really a secret but no-one I've taken there knew it was there before we arrived. We chatted again about the wedding and I got some lovely natural shots of them together.
I hope it put their mind to rest about the big day, seeing how I worked and allowing them to chat more about their day and their expectations from me.
A couple of weeks later, their big day arrived and I had the most fun working with them. The traditions were wonderful and the ceremony was so different to all of the weddings I have photographed. It was lovely spending time with bride to be in the morning and her family as they gathered round to celebrate the day. A quick walk down the hill towards Colchester Castle park to get some photos of the newlyweds and their guests and a break for me ahead of the evening reception.
Arrived at the evening venue to see a very elegant room with tall, pretty flower arrangements and a nice large area for dancing. The guests were itching for the first dance to begin so everyone could join in and they were off. The first dance was lovely, as always. A moment in time to take in the day together as bride and groom swirl around the danclefloor to applause, camera flashes and happy onlookers. Afterwards, the dance floor DID NOT empty the entire night. It was truly wonderful to see everyone coming together. There were no tricks from the DJ to get everyone up (usually followed by a bad song that ensures everone sits down again), just wonderful music and tradtional dances with all of the women and then all of the men and of course, the money dance (where guests pin money onto the bride and groom) and some Greek dancers hired for the occasion to help the English guests get into the spirit of the evening- as if they needed it!!!
Wonderful day, great couple...bring on the next one!!!!